Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: I river h10 20 gb and new blind user
Re: I river h10 20 gb and new blind user
From: Barry Wardell <barry.wardell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:16:17 +0100
Here are instructuions for installing Rockbox on your H10
- Download http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/iriver/H10_20GC.mi4<http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/iriver/>
- Connect your H10 to the computer using UMS mode
- Make a backup of the H10_20GC.mi4 file in the System directory on
- Copy the H10_20GC.mi4 you downloaded to the System directory
- Download the latest CVS version of Rockbox from
- Unzip the zip file to the root (topmost) directory on your H10
(while in UMS mode).
- Eject the H10 and disconnect from USB and Rockbox will start up.
To put your H10 into UMS mode, get a pin and use it to push the reset
button. The reset button is inside a small hole between the hold button and
the remote control port and headphones socket. Pushing this button will
fully power your H10 off. Now, connnect the H10 to your computer. Hold the O
button, which is on the front of the player to the right and slightly above
the scroll pad. While holding O, turn the H10 on with the power button.
Continue holding O for a few seconds and it will start up in UMS mode. If it
worked correctly, your H10 should appear as a normal drive on your computer.
I don't know anything about getting voice support working as I have never
used it. Maybe someone else on the list can help you with that.
On 9/27/06, Pat Fletcher <patfletcher_at_cayjazz.net> wrote:
> Dear List,
> I am totally blind and would like to use a I river h10 20 GB to work with
> Rockbox. I have read the documentation posted on this site but wonder if
> any I river h10 users would be willing to help me with the step by step
> information concerning the player and how to flash the drive so I can set it
> up for speech. It sure would be appreciated.
> thanks Alot,
Received on 2006-09-28