Subject: Voice menus stop working after music has played

Voice menus stop working after music has played

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:44:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have this brand new IAUDIO X5L 30GB, on which I prompty installed
Rockbox. The talking menus do work on booting the player, but if I play
some music and stop it, then the menus are not spoken anymore.
Interestingly, I hear part of the voice clip when I start the music again.
And the menus are spoken if I leave the music playing.

So if I press PLAY, I hear music, I press PLAY again and it stops.
Then I press RECORD, wait, nothing. Press RECORD again to quit the menu.
I press PLAY, then I hear my music fading in and at the same time
"...cent bookmarks".

Now if I press PLAY, the music stops. Then I press RECORD, then DOWN, then
RECORD. I hear nothing.
I press PLAY: my music fades in, and at the same time I hear "...ound
settings".

Also the FM radio menu appears not to be spoken. Is this to be expected?

Thanks

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>