Subject: Re: Questions about IPod Nano

Re: Questions about IPod Nano

From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_mackenzieoz.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 05:46:04 +1000

> Georg Kellerer wrote:
> in my oppinion the ipod nano is not usable for blind people iven with an
> installed rockbox.
>
> Woody Anna Dresner wrote:
> I respectfully disagree. Many blind people are using the first
> generation iPod Nano successfully, and would love to see Rockbox
> function on the second generation one as well. I am totally blind,
> and though the click wheel took some getting used to, it works quite
> well, especially now that Rockbox is so stable. And I am by no means
> the only totally blind person using it. This is definitely a viable
> product for many blind users.
>
> Regards,
> Anna

Scott wrote...>

> I double ditto that one!
> I also am totally blind and am using my Nano with great success.
> Actuallly,
> I am pretty much using it exclusibly over my Video.
> BTW, using a case with a cut out for the scroll wheel helps tremendously.

I second the above when I got my Nano I received 6 rubber skins for the
player and they are great. They put a raised area over the select button
and have an easy to find depressed area for the wheel and easy to feel bumps
for the four buttons located on the wheel, so I find it very easy to use the
Nano and would encourage anyone that does not need the recording or radio
functionality to grab a Nano if they can find one.

Cheers

Hamish