Subject: RE: Questions about IPod Nano

RE: Questions about IPod Nano

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:51:00 -1000

Hi Grant,

The iPod Nano with the greatest capacity that runs Rockbox is 4
GB. As for speed of voicing, it's a little hard to say because I
don't have any experience with any player other than my Nano, so I
don't have anything to compare to. When folders and filenames have
MP3 clips associated with them, I can move through them quickly. If
I move my hand too quickly on the wheel, files between where I was
and where I land are skipped, so sometimes I go too far down the list
and have to back up. This certainly beats having it read every file
or folder name I pass, though. If a filename is spelled out, such as
a bookmark file, it has tended to be difficult to interrupt the
spelling. I believe this has ben worked on recently and improved
significantly, but I haven't used Rockbox with a recent daily build
enough yet to say how much of a difference it makes. The voice has
definitely become more responsive over time.

Regards,
Anna