Subject: Re: Browse ID3 Database, sort order, "the"

Re: Browse ID3 Database, sort order, "the"

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 16:07:32 -0500

The best solution to this would be to implement the sort-by tags. I'm not
sure their exact name, but ID3v2 (and Vorbis comments I believe) make
allowances for a second set of tags that essentialy mirror the primary ones
for the intent of the primary ones being the display tags, and the secondary
ones being the tags to actually sort the files by. This would allow someone
to easily create compilation albums (by giving it a unique non-visible name,
and naming the sort-by artist "Various") as well as allowing you to have the
sort-by tags not contain the word "The" thus giving a user full control of
how his files are sorted.