Subject: Archos frustrations

Archos frustrations

From: Erin M. Chaves <em_chalet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:22:49 -0400

Hello all,

Just curious if this has happened to anyone who owns or has owned one of the Archos models. This last spring, a friend of mine got me an Archos Jukebox Recorder from EBay. I was when I first began using Rockbox. The Jukebox worked cwell enough, but sometimes the settings would change by themselves. This would happen while I was pressing either the up/down or the previous/next buttons. I would always know when something wasn't right, because I couldn't change the volume, change the track, or even pause until I stopped the unit. Everything would work fine after I resumed playing except for the fact that repeat would suddenly be on, or "showed files" option had been set to display all. Eventually this Archos had battery issues, so I bought an FM recorder on EBay. It was barely used so it was in excellent condition, and I really like it! But, now I'm having the same problem. I'll be using the volume buttons, and all of the sudden, the keys seem to lock up. Then I have to stop and see what has been changed. So weird! I'm blind, so I can't see what is on the screen, and every time it happens, no one is around to ask.
I know that was very lengthy, but have any of you seen this? Does any of what I'm saying make sense? If this happens with every Archos model, screw it. I'll save up for an iPod!

Erin