Subject: OFF button behaviour incorrect for Archos recorder v1

OFF button behaviour incorrect for Archos recorder v1

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 00:08:29 +0200

Hi,

Somewhere between CVS 20060717 and 20060913, the Archos OFF button stopped to
work correctly. That is, for the july cvs build it worked fine, and it
stopped to work for the September build. With today's build the problem
stays. The way to turn of my Archos always was this: press OFF, see text on
screen, press OFF again. Since the September build, the text on the screen
only stays for the time I keep my OFF button pressed. Is this something just
for my box, or are there more people having this problem? This is the only
problem I have with the build. The On button started to behave as a play
button in menus, but I guess that's on purpose :-)

Btw, is there a way to completely disable tagcache? Bootup time is several
seconds longer than it was (about a year ago or so), and I suspect it's
because of the tagcache. The wiki nor the menus seem to mention a way to do
it.

Ronald