Subject: re problems installing rockbox on iriver 320

re problems installing rockbox on iriver 320

From: Paul Hopewell <hopewell_at_hopewell.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 22:32:03 +0100

Jamie,
Many thanks for the tip about the need to upgrade the firmware twice. I did
that and rockbox now works fine. It took me some time to fathom out that I
needed to press A-B twice to get anything to speak. So far it looks real
good.
I notice that rockbox does not seem to play WMA music files which the native
iriver firmware does play. Is that a rockbox limitation or am I missing some
settings?
Many thanks.

Paul Hopewell
hopewell_at_hopewell.org.uk
www.hopewell.org.uk
-------------------------
Hi Paul,

I know this is going to sound stupid and I didn't believe it myself when

I heard about it, but try doing the firmware upgrade again. My friend as

a US Iriver H320 and no matter what he did, Rockbox wouldn't boot, even

after the firmware upgrade. I wonder whether the firmware upgrade

aborted for some reason - he is also blind and didn't have sighted

assistance after the upgrade (a sighted person told him it did seem to

be upgrading though). Anyway, despite my misgivings, he tried the

firmware upgrade again and it came up into Rockbox fine. I still don't

understand why, but there you have it.

Jamie