Subject: Iriver h140 blind user needing rockbox patching steps please

Iriver h140 blind user needing rockbox patching steps please

From: Pat Fletcher <patfletcher_at_cayjazz.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 08:40:02 -0700

Hello, ,
OK I have a I river h140 up and showing as a hard drive on my Windows 2000 machine. I have all the files down and ready to go. Butt like most totally blind users I have read on this list I hesitate to take the step to patch rockbox into the i river. I do not know the menu structure of the player. So would some one please indicate " step by step in number of key presses" I would need to use to finish patching the firmware of the player correctly. I have found some blind sites with information about patching using a I river h320 players . But am unsure if this will do the job? I know this must be a old question one asked many times before but for a new rockbox user it is a one I need answers to. Please can anyone help? .
.
Also will be using this player with a Windows 98 machine. Will the patching interfere with Windows 98 Se recognizing the drive? Or is this I rivers way of installing things to the disk just for putting in the software and providing the driver. In this case should the drive be installed on the 98 machine before changing things over to Rockbox?
Any help sure would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat