Subject: Re: Iriver h140 blind user needing rockbox patching steps please

Re: Iriver h140 blind user needing rockbox patching steps please

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:19:32 -0600

Pat wrote:
Hello, ,
OK I have a I river h140 up and showing as a hard drive on my Windows 2000
machine. I have all the files down and ready to go. Butt like most totally
blind users I have read on this list I hesitate to take the step to patch
rockbox into the I river. I do not know the menu structure of the player.
So
would some one please indicate " step by step in number of key presses" I
would need to use to finish patching the firmware of the player
correctly.
I have found some blind sites with information about patching using a I
river h320 players . But am unsure if this will do the job? I know this
must
be a old question one asked many times before but for a new rockbox user it
is a one I need answers to. Please can anyone help?

1) Have you patched the firmware on your PC using the fwpatcher.exe software
thus creating the file called: ihp_120.hex?
In fact we need more info about what stage you are at and if you have
downloaded everything you need to get going. i.e: What screen reader are
you using. Have you downloaded the firmware and voice files? Then we can
get you started.

rocker

    .

OK I have a I river h140 up and showing as a hard drive on my Windows 2000
machine. I have all the files down and ready to go. Butt like most totally
blind users I have read on this list I hesitate to take the step to patch
rockbox into the i river. I do not know the menu structure of the player.
So would some one please indicate " step by step in number of key presses"
I would need to use to finish patching the firmware of the player
correctly. I have found some blind sites with information about patching
using a I river h320 players . But am unsure if this will do the job? I
know this must be a old question one asked many times before but for a new
rockbox user it is a one I need answers to. Please can anyone help? .
.
Also will be using this player with a Windows 98 machine. Will the patching
interfere with Windows 98 Se recognizing the drive? Or is this I rivers way
of installing things to the disk just for putting in the software and
providing the driver. In this case should the drive be installed on the 98
machine before changing things over to Rockbox?
Any help sure would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat