Subject: Re: Make voice script

Re: Make voice script

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:11:26 -0600

Steven wrote:
I don't believe the 1.4 megabyte file limit is strictly required for a voice
file, but if you plan on distributing it to other
Rockbox users, especially those still using Archos players, you will
definitely want to watch the file size. The Nano has enough RAM to hold the
larger
voice file, but i doubt a player such as the Archos Jukebox could accomplish
the same feit.

You are right on dude! The 1.4 file size limitation pertains to the Archos
units which, excluding the 8MB mod on the FMR, ran 2 megs of ram thus
needing the 500 plus K for the rockbox firmware. Other players like the
IPOD's and IRivers have much more memory available.

Keep on rocking...rocker