Subject: Re: rockbox on the iriver H320

Re: rockbox on the iriver H320

From: Calum Mackay <calum.mackay_at_cdmnet.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:03:16 +0100

daniel dalton wrote:
> Hi, I am looking to buy an iriver H320 and was wondering if the H320
> needs a certain type of screen so rockbox functions properly.

Not sure what you mean by this; the h320 works very well indeed with
Rockbox.

> Also someone at the shop said that you can update the iriver firmware so
> you can watch videos and if I did this would it affect rockbox working
> properly?

Not at all. Rockbox resides entirely on disk, so upgrading the system
firmware will not affect your rockbox installation. You will need to
(once-only) hack the iriver firmware - using the supplied tools - in
order to actually boot rockbox, of course.

Once you've done that, the unit will boot rockbox by default; you can
also choose to boot iriver firmware, by holding down "record" whilst
powering on.

cheers,
c.