Subject: charging ipod Nano

charging ipod Nano

From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_mackenzieoz.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 04:58:42 +1000

Hi all

I am running a current daily build on my 4 gb Nano and have the following question about charging it from the wall and not using the computers USB port. Since getting my Nano I have always charged it from the USB port on one of my computers but I am heading off to New Zealand and I am not taking a pc with me. I used to have an I river H340 and remember that I had to hold down a key when charging from the mains and was wondering if this was the same for the Nano and if so which key is it? Also when using USB it does not seem to matter if the unit is powered up or switched off when I plug it in to the USB port as it always seems to charge, so when charging from the mains is it better to have the unit switched on or off or does it not matter either?

One final question. I have forgotten how to get the Nano to boot into the apple firmware what key is it I have to hold down for how long?

Thanks as always

Hamish