Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: iriver 320 battery usage
Re: iriver 320 battery usage
From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:48:26 +0200
I'll answer point by point, as far as I can:
1. I think it's been tested that rockbox consumes even less power than
the original firmware. Of course, enabling the speech/voice rises it a
bit, but that's not much. At least not on the iriver.
2. Radio does consume far less power, so you should get more lifetime.
3. rockbox will, like with the power adapter, not start automatically
when the external battery pack is attached, but it will, of course,
take advantage of it to charge the internal battery.
Once you started the player, you can plug in either charger or battery pack.
It's just that if you plug them in before the player was switchen on,
it will then switch on, due to that, and boot directly into the iriver
4. You listed them all, I think. The brightness surely does not matter
if the lcd backlight is switched off anyway.
5. Yes, the disk cache will help, since you are powering off the hard
disk completely. So the disk does not need to be repowered to browse
6. I don't know. More extense testings would be needed for that.
7. I simply don't know.
Received on 2006-10-17