Subject: Re: Voicing status information

Re: Voicing status information

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:27:05 +0100

Personally I would love something like this and was going to write to the
list to suggest it.
I'd like something also that when you hold in the select button on say, an
Iriver H140 from the file browser, there would be a file properties dialog.
It would say the size of it in megabites or gigabites if necessary, and the
length of it.
The voicing can already support saying the words megabites and gigabites of
course, since it does this when you go to the rockbox info menu and it tells
you available disk space. I'm actually wondering now I come to write this,
why it definitely hasn't been implemented sooner than this?
Perhaps I'm stupid and it's already on the screen when you highlite a file,
but of course speech wouldn't read that, as it reads only the file name at
present, so wasn't deemed necessary by the developers.
Anyone have any news on this?