Subject: Re: Voicing status information

Re: Voicing status information

From: Will Robertson <aliask_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:51:04 +1000

Onj:
I actually wrote a small plugin to do this, but it only displayed the file
size and file name. Additionally, because plugins cannot speak (yet) it was
only for sighted use, although once plugins get the ability to use voice I
will update the patch so that it talks.

I'm also in favour of some kind of WPS speaker, I'm mainly interested in the
current song position - and I think it'd be good for it to speak something
when paused, like "Paused at 2 minutes 13 seconds", but of course that would
only be possible when the audio pausing is moved from PCM in the code.