Subject: Replaygain

Replaygain

From: Erik Slagter <erik_at_slagter.name>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:25:03 +0200

Hi,

I want to use replaygain on my mp3's from linux.

After some "research" it seems that rockbox supports both APE tags (as
set by mp3gain) and ID3v2 custom text ("TXXX") tags for this purpose. It
seems several other types of ID3 tags are not supported ("RGAD",
"RVAD"), likewise the LAME tag is not supported.

Is this correct?

So I now tag all my mp3's with both APE and TXXX tags.

How can I test simply that it actually works... I was hoping for a WPS
tag that displays the actual applied replay gain, but I guess there is
not (yet) such a thing, or at least not documented.