Subject: Re: Fw:o/t Winamp Version 5.31 is now Available

Re: Fw:o/t Winamp Version 5.31 is now Available

From: Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:44:49 +0200

On 10/26/06, mat holton <mat_at_lessermatters.co.uk> wrote:
> Thing is though, I like simplicity. I don't dig all this create a
> database of my music and some OTT interface. This is why I like Rockbox.

If you are on linux then you should definately look at mpd [1]. It
does require you to create a database, though....

Mpd is a server which is controlled over a network. The best thing is
that you can choose you own client (web, gtk, qt,command line and on
[2]). Personally I use gmpc which is as simple as it gets.

It takes a some time to setup the way you like it but it is worth it.
See [3] for more info and [4] how to install.

Greets
Sander

[1] http://www.musicpd.org/
[2] http://www.musicpd.org/clients.shtml