Subject: Re: IAudio

Re: IAudio

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:02:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Brandon Hicks wrote:

> I'm going to be purchasing hopefully an IAudio X5 today. I'm intending to
> put Rockbox on it, how is the battery life with Rockbox? Should I wait if
> I'm wanting the fullest battery life till the charger is figured out a bit
> more?

This morning's daily build for X5 took a giant leap forwards in this
department. We haven't got any run-time comparisons done yet, but I would
really think that we should be pretty much on par with the original firmware.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IaudioBoot

> Yesterday's manual for IAudio just had that as one of the sections to be
> fixed.
>
> I'm also wondering about uploading sections to the manual. For example the
> design of the player still needs to be described for blind people, could I
> write that up and upload it somewhere, or is that done by devs?

The best possible way: checkout the manual from CVS, add/edit your changes,
make a diff and post it as a patch in the patch tracker:

    http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/index.php?type=4

Another good way: just write up your suggested wording for the manual section
you want to improve, usiong plain english language and file that as a patch,
or join IRC and talk to the manual guys when they're around.

Make the patch use category 'manual'.

Welcome to the merry world of Rockbox!