Subject: Re: Fw:o/t Winamp Version 5.31 is now Available

Re: Fw:o/t Winamp Version 5.31 is now Available

From: Peter C. Gravelle <xoder83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:31:17 -0400

Beep Media Player has moved on to become BMPx, which includes a
"Library" system. The reason I liked XMMS, and don't like things like
iTunes or XMMS2 is that I don't need or want a library system. I just
want a simple media player like WinAmp was. Call me a Luddite, if you
will.

Audacious took the BMP code before they added the library junk and
forked it into their project. Now we have a nice GTK2-based
non-library-based media player. It's currently under active
development, for better or worse.

But as this is a Religious War, there's really no "right" answer.