Subject: Re: Command line utility??

Re: Command line utility??

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:11:45 +0200

On 10/27/06, Tore Johnny Bråtveit <tjb_at_broadpark.no> wrote:
> You could try the products from JP Software (www.jpsoft.com).
> Although they are shareware, they do work also after the trial
> period - although with some limitations. Both 4NT and Take
> Command are utilities to extend the usability of the command-line
> in Windows. I have used 4NT since I began using Windows some
> years ago, and I still find it much more effective to copy, rename
> and move files using the command line instead of Windows explorer.

I can confirm 4NT to be an excellent piece of software. I know it for
more than 7 years now, and find it always cumbersome to work on a pc
not having the best shell on earth (tm) installed.
The most important things are:
- command completition
- aliases
- directory/file coloring
- copy paste with right-click, Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert

Even things, that bash or none of the linux-shells I know have :-)

~lImbus