Subject: Voicebox and Voice Clip Generation

Voicebox and Voice Clip Generation

From: Brandon Hicks <reyuth1010_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:40:26 -0600

Hello list,

I'm liking Rockbox so far. I've got a few questions regarding .talk files.

1. Are there any directories on the X5 that .talk files should not be
placed in?

2. How do I speed up the voice in the .talk files? The control panel
voice is used, but speed doesn't look like it is included in
considerations when generating clips, either that or the control panel
messes up the voice, because one's faster than the other.

I'm also curious about the process for generating voice clips for the
menus. How is this done? I'd like to create one for myself that has
faster than Eloquence at 430, that's about half the speed of my current TTS.

Thanks again
Brandon