Subject: Re: Command line utility??

Re: Command line utility??

From: Hamish Mackenzie <hamish_at_mackenzieoz.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:17:11 +1000

Hi JP

The method offered by lImbus is more reliable for a blind screen reader user
as it does not rely on the mouse pointer being in the dos window. I did a
bit of experimentation and your method will not work if the mouse cursor is
not in the command line window as it will just take focus to another
application. In order to get the right mouse method to work you need to
route the mouse cursor to the pc cursor then re activate the pc cursor and
then hit the right mouse button to bring up the options with paste in them.
Whilst it can work it takes a bit longer so I for one will stick to the
keystroke method offered earlier, but thanks for your suggestion. On a
slight tangent if any other blind users tried the right click method could
they get the menu options that include the paste command to be read when
moving around with the up and down arrows? The only way I could get them to
read after an up or down arrow was to issue a say line command. Probably
something to do with the whole dos window and no real drama either way but
was just wondering.

Thanks again guys

Hamish