Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Which player would you buy today?
Which player would you buy today?
From: Andre Allavena <aallavena_at_cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 05:20:47 -0500
I'm looking into buying an Ogg/Mpg3 player, and I want it to be a
Rockbox player (I much prefer running Floss software).
I saw a thread here dating in March asking for the best player to buy to
run RockBox. I'm asking for the same question (the answer at the time
was either the iriver H340, not available new anymore as far as I could tell
and the iaudio X5).
Important for me:
* large disk (>20GB)
* usable as a portable hard disk drive
* fully supported by Rockbox
* good audio quality (will be listening to classical music)
* available either in Europe or in North America
Nice to have
* No need for extra conectors for connection as hard drive.
* Recording (with, or without, microphone).
Thanks for your help
Received on 2006-10-29