Subject: Re: Which player would you buy today?

Re: Which player would you buy today?

From: Andre Allavena <aallavena_at_cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:22:32 -0500

Thanks for all the answers.

Summary of what I've found so far regarding buying a player, price and
availability:

- the iriver HP340 (or is it iHP340) is still available in Europe, from
  the iRiver Europe itself, for 350 Euros taxes included.
  The others HP 3x0 are not available anymore, nor the HP1x0

- the iaudio X5 is available in US/Canada/Europe with huge price
  variations:
  X5 60GB:
     - 300 USD (Amazon, only ships in US)
     - not found in Canada
     - 460 euros in France (580 USD, taxes included)
     - 365 euros in Germany (Amazon I think, only ships in Germany) (465 USD)
     - 300 GBP in the UK (570 USD)

  X5 30GB (price maybe for X5 or X5L, don't remember)
     - 230 USD; (Amazon)
     - 350 CAN, 380 CAN for X5L (yes, available in Canada, Dell I think)
     - 240 GPB

  X5 20GB (price maybe for X5 or X5L, don't remember)
     - 330 USD (amazon, didn't get why the price was that high)
     - 280 CAN
     - 200 GPB (380 USD)

As you may see, chosing the cheapest is not easy.
I'm now in Europe, and considering some 2 hops shoping. I haven't quite
decided yet.

André