Subject: Re: using i pod

Re: using i pod

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:42:47 -0500

will wrote:
> hi all
>
> I am getting an i pod sixty gig for xmas, the fifth generation. do ia
> hve to use i tunes to copy files onto it or can i get redchair
> software programs to do it as going track by track by track will take ages
> also, is this generation of i pod operatable by a blind person without
> rockbox or is rockbox needed owing to the click wheel
> thanks,w ill

iTunes is NOT required to use the 60gig 5G with Rockbox. There are
third-party alternatives to iTunes for those using the Apple firmware,
but I'm not familiar with them and this list really isn't the
appropriate place to discuss them.

For more information on running Rockbox on the 5G, check out the Rockbox
Manual:
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-build.html