Subject: Some folders not voiced on iPod RB

Some folders not voiced on iPod RB

From: Mark <discardedswimwear_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:59:18 -0000

I have a recent version of RB on an iPod 4G Color (the one I mentioned
before with the 60GB hard disk).

A problem I'm having is that Rockbox only gives me access to the first 400
folders under the top folder I keep my music in.
It accesses these first 400 just fine; I can scroll through them, they are
spoken and I can navigate into them.
But the folders from 401 and up are skipped when I scroll past 400, i.e. if
I scroll past 400 I go back to folder 1.
I don't think this is likely to be a voice problem, because it doesn't speak
"Folder 401" - it just goes back to the first folder, although I cannot be
sure of this.
(I have other top level folders for TV and Books, and the subfolders are
handled OK, so the 400 limit does not appear to be a device limit, but a '
single folder' limit)

The number "400" seems too much like a round number for this to be a
coincidence...

I know I have the workaround to put the folders in groups of 400, but this
would make syncing a bit more difficult, and is a bit of a muddle TBH.

As I said, I'm running the Rockbox for iPod 4G Color, on an iPod with a 60GB
hard disk. I only mention this because it is somewhat of an unusual
configuration, and so *might* be relevant, but I would be surprised if this
was the case.

Any thoughts?

Mark