Subject: Re: Rockbox and AAC

Re: Rockbox and AAC

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:42:59 +0100

Brandon Hicks wrote:

> I've got a question about AAC support in Rockbox. What encoders does it
> work with? There seem to be quite a few out there, some have different
> options. I've tried encoding some files with CDEX and playing them in
> Winamp, but they don't play. I suspect they won't play in Rockbox
> either, so I'd like to know what people are using for AAC encoders in
> Windows?

I've tested recent versions of the encoders in iTunes (7.0.x), Winamp
(5.3, IIRC) and the Nero Digital Audio command line encoder (should be
the same as the one in the Nero suite, but there may be differences,
e.g., in where it places the metadata), and they work. Don't know what
compressor you used with CDEx. Maybe it comes with FAAC?

Also note that the program should create .mp4 files and not .aac files.

   Magnus