Subject: Re: Voicebox and Voice Clip Generation

Re: Voicebox and Voice Clip Generation

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:41:43 -0500

Brandon Hicks wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm liking Rockbox so far. I've got a few questions regarding .talk files.
>
> 1. Are there any directories on the X5 that .talk files should not be
> placed in?
>
> 2. How do I speed up the voice in the .talk files? The control panel
> voice is used, but speed doesn't look like it is included in
> considerations when generating clips, either that or the control panel
> messes up the voice, because one's faster than the other.

Brandon, if you open the voiceUtils.vbs file in a text editor you will find the
following two lines (lines 54 and 55):

  spkr.Rate = 1. '-10 <--> +10
  spkr.Volume = 100 ' 0 <--> 100

You can modify both the rate and volume here. Alternatively you might try
commenting out the rate setting (place a single quote (') at the beginning of
the line) and see if the voice then uses the default value from the control panel.