Subject: Re: About lang files

Re: About lang files

From: Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 21:39:04 +0100

On 11/3/06, Peter Verhoeven <pverhoe_at_magnifiers.org> wrote:

> > But if you want Rockbox to speak Dutch you will need a Dutch voice
> > file for which there is none AFAIK. So there is not point of adding
> > them apart for being complete.
> >
> I want to create dutch nederlands.voice file and I prefeer a complete
> nederlands.lang file, instead of translating all what maybe others have
> done.

That would be very cool :-)

> Now I do not know what the status is of the duch lang file? Does it have any
> status, or can I better start translating?

The latest release of Rockbox is 100% translated in dutch. The cvs
additions have mostly been translated by Dutch/Flemish speaking Dev's
as far as I can tell. But it needs some love as it is in a sort of
Frankenstein English/Dutch) state. I plan to do another update as soon
as I have some time.

One problem that already came up was the difference between Flemish
and Dutch. Although both "Dutch" we have a different ways of saying
things.

Now which voice strings are spoken at the moment? Can I take
english.lang as an example?

Greets
Sander