Subject: Voice and settings problems on AJBR20...

Voice and settings problems on AJBR20...

From: Raichea <raichea_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:48:39 -0000

I'm a long-time Rockbox user on my Archos Recorder v1 (2MB/40GB)... been
running v2.5 for a long time and decided to update to daily build 061109 to
get some of the new features. I don't really use voice, but wanted to see
how it has progressed but cannot get any voices at all. I've downloaded the
english.voice file and put it in .rockbox/langs and saw a comment about
accessing recording settings causing problems, so set voice to No then back
to Yes (cycling power) but still no voice. Now running 061111 but still no
joy.

I played with and had voices working a long time ago so I think I've done
everything right...

Also, my custom .wps file also doesn't seem to survive a reboot - I have to
"play" it again each time I power on the AJBR (it is in the .rockbox
directory). I've used it for a long time without problem on 2.5.

Any suggestions please?

Regards, Steve.