Subject: Problems with Ipodpatcher.exe

Problems with Ipodpatcher.exe

From: Robin Kipp <robin.kipp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:02:36 +0100

Hello all!
I'm having some problems with the Ipodpatcher.exe program. When I'm in
the command prompt, I type in the following command: call
d:\rockbox\ipodpatcher.exe number because changing the directory to
d:\rockbox and typing ipodpatcher number didn't work.
When I try the numbers 1 to 3, I get the message that this drive isn't
an iPod. When I try number 4, it says the device isn't ready. Number 5
gives me a "wrong parameter". Here's exactly what I get:
Number 3:
ipodpatcher v0.3 - (C) Dave Chapman 2006
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
NO
PURPOSE.
[INFO] Reading partition table from \\.\PhysicalDrive3
Error reading from disk: The device isn't ready.
Number 4:
ipodpatcher v0.3 - (C) Dave Chapman 2006
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
NO
PURPOSE.
[INFO] Reading partition table from \\.\PhysicalDrive4
Error reading from disk: Wrong parameter.
When I try numbers above 4, I get the message that the file cannot be
found. Can anyone help me please? The iPod should be in disk mode,
because I can access it from the WindowsExplorer. I don't have the
newest version of iTunes installed on my computer, could this be the
problem? If yes, can anyone give me the direct download link of iTunes
please because I'm blind and the apple website isn't very accessible?
Thanks!
Robin.