Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Help with Iaudio installation please

Re: Help with Iaudio installation please

From: Stéphane Doyon <s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:52:22 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Graham Roby wrote:

> Hi Stéfane,
>
> Thanks for this.
>
> As I've tried to describe, with the charger plugged in, you turn the machine
> on, the hard drive sounds like its trying to start twice kind of like a car
> engine revving this lasts for 4 seconds or so, then you can't hear a thing.
>
> My friend tells me during this process rock box bootloader 2.0 appears.
>
> If you don't have the charger plugged in the the hd will only try to spin up
> the once.
> When the drive has gon silent the machine reverts to the charging screen.
> Just so you know I haven't installed rockbox its self only the bootloader.
> Since I did this I can no longer access the iaudio drive or my drive i which
> the machine was on when I first plugged it in.
> It has not moved drive letter and does not show at all in my computer. Only
> the 13 devices I had before the Iaudio arrived are displayed.

I would try the following:
-Disconnect dock dongle,
-Connect USB to dock dongle,
-Make sure the player is OFF,
-Connect dock dongle, do not turn player ON.

If it doesn't show up as USB storage:
-Disconnect dongle,
-Hold OFF switch for 15 seconds,
-Connect dock dongle, do not turn player ON.

If it still doesn't show up as USB storage:
-Disconnect dongle,
-Poke RESET button for a few secs,
-Connect dock dongle, do not turn player ON.

The RESET button is in a tiny hole on the right side near the bottom. Do
not confuse it with the microphone, which is under the PLAY button.

Good luck

--
Stéphane Doyon
<s.doyon_at_videotron.ca>