Subject: Iriver H140 refuses to record

Iriver H140 refuses to record

From: Onj <onj_at_andrelouis.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:24:21 -0000

Does anyone else have this issue with the current CVS build? I get files of
3 KB. I spent the last 30 minutes recording, or rather thinking I was
recording and each time I try to make a recording now, that's all I get.
I'm using 44.1 KHZ 16 bit stereo PCM, with line in as the source, however
even when I try the internal microphone, nothing! gets recorded. It hangs,
much, much worse than it used too, when you press stop. Before at least it
would back out of the recording screen and hang, then you could hold the
stop key to turn off the unit and turn it back on, now it hangs inside the
recording screen and when you either hard reset it or go to extreme measures
and hook it up to usb directly a couple of times, you see files of between 1
and 3 kb in size. What has happened? It worked a couple of days ago.
I haven't tried recording in one of the other formats, just because I don't
do that sort of thing. I want quality and to be able to encode my way, so
mp3 is out of the question, though I might do it just to test things.
Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed some light on this matter.

Andre P. Louis

 Uncopyright, free music, compositions, Web-hosting and the new look to the
beyond Radio Network? Visit one of the sites listed below:

  Main site: http://AndreLouis.COM
My Live Journal: http://LJ.AndreLouis.COM
The Beyond Radio Network (TBRN:) http://www.TBRN.NET
Free music: http://tbrn.net/Beds

 Online contacts:

  Email and NET Messenger: Andre_at_AndreLouis.COM
Skype: Andre_Louis
Aim: FreakyFwoof
Bitwise: FreakyFwoof

 Telephone contacts:

 In the United States: +1-404-806-5809 (Vonage)
  Home (United Kingdom): +44-207-2212126
or +44207-0788886
  Cellular (United Kingdom): +44-7875-546903