Subject: Re: Hello list and a question.

Re: Hello list and a question.

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 02:20:37 +0100

On 11/30/06, Goldfingas <goldfingas_at_cox.net> wrote:
> Hello everyone. My name is Clarence aka Goldfingas and I have an IAudio m3.
> I was wondering if the rockbox firmware will be designed for it, and if so,
> is there anything I can do to help? thanks for any information.
> And I am glad to be a part of this list. I know that being the new guy is
> not all that cool some times, but I am a quiet lister, and I don't start
> stuff. I just want information and when I can, I will give it.
> Thanks again for any help I can get regarding the IAudio m3.

Hi Goldfingas,
I kinda like your attitude, but there is no need to be afraid of
posting *anything* here. Just searching a bit around may decrease the
pain, since drop-dead-stupid questions are usually not answered.

Concerning your m3, I think we can only say "dunno".
From what I read of the wiki, no developer has ever seen an m3.
There is a line for the m5 that goes like "don't know, looks similar
to x5, don't have one", but 'I' do not know how far the m3 is from the
m5 or the x5 again.

If I see it correctly, the m3 does not have a proper display, only the
remote has, which *would* make it a big bunch more difficult to get
things done.
I am not able to discover any more information about this device.

So, starting a new port usually means collecting a *lot* of internal
information, which may include taking apart a device, taking high
resolution photographs or scans of it, identify chips, trace
schematics and so on.
We dont' *ask* you to take your baby a part, but once it's broken
anyway, a developer may *beg* you for it :-D

In short: No, not supported, no timeline, no developer on it, no chance.

best regards, lImbus