Subject: Re: Iriver H320 wma files

Re: Iriver H320 wma files

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:18:44 +0000

Scott (6400) wrote:
> How come RockBox does not support wma format files?
> My Iriver firmware does support it and I have 1000 wma songs on my Iriver.

Rockbox supports whatever formats people have spent their spare time
implementing decoders for. No-one has volunteered to write a WMA
decoder yet (but some preliminary work has been done), which is why
Rockbox doesn't support WMA.

I'm sure it will happen at some point in the future, but as no active
developers appear to use WMA to encode their music (and no-one who uses
WMA has become a developer), it probably won't be soon.

Dave.