Subject: Intermittent channel reversal on the Nano

Intermittent channel reversal on the Nano

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:55:23 -0500

Hey,

I'm using yesterday's CVS build, and I noticed something strange: on my
Nano, every once in a while I will play one of my songs that starts
mostly in the left channel, then goes to both. However, more than once I
have found that Rockbox is playing the left stream out the right channel
and the right stream out the left channel. This only has happened once
or twice, but once or twice in a few days is too strange. No, I'm not
just switching earbuds--mine are marked with an R and an L and they are
those weird asymmetrical ones--Rockbox is messing up.

Any clues as to why this might be? I haven't looked at the code much
myself, so I don't know if it's just the MP3 encoded strangely, or if we
have a bug on our hands.

JBot