Subject: Re: Which iPod?

Re: Which iPod?

From: Phill Wiggin <alamar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:03:24 -0500

I'm sure I've missed most of the responses you've gotten (Ijust joined
the listt), but I've got a couple of suggestions.

I have a co-worker who used iLinkPod to find the actual model number
of his nano. His nano had a "Model number" on the back (A1137), but it
wasn't the actual model number (MA099LL/A - 5th gen). iLinkPod is at
http://www.ilinkpod.com/ and is for Mac OSX.

I've used GtkPod under linux. gtkPod will auto-detect your model, but
I don't know that it's 100% accurate.
http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

There's a nice blurb on that page with details on how to identify your
iPod under linux.

Hope it helps
--Phill W.