Subject: to owners of 160 GB disks (and up), here's howto fully use it

to owners of 160 GB disks (and up), here's howto fully use it

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:22:39 +0100

Hello,

thanks to a subsidy by fellow Thomas Kobler I'm now a proud owner of a 160GB disk instead of the originally planned 120GB. (Hey, why the extra expense for only 17GB extra I can use with the existing 137 GB limit...) So I was bribed to support larger disks with Rockbox.

Since yesterday Rockbox can use LBA48 when compiled for it. Together with the multi-partition capability (another compile time option) we can use the >137 GB part of large disks.

Read here for details:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BigDisk

Have fun,
Jörg