Subject: Re: Installing Rockbox w/ ITunes

Re: Installing Rockbox w/ ITunes

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:08:48 -0500

Sarai D. Bucciarelli wrote:
> Hi,
> Do I need Itunes to install Rockbox? Its allready recognized as a disk
> by my PC. I'm blind, so how accessible is it if I need to use it? I
> have the 60 GB IPod and am having problems.

Sarai-

Please do not ask questions by replying to unrelated e-mails and
changing the subject line. You've done this twice today. Many of us
read the list in an e-mail client that supports threaded views or on the
web archive, which also shows threaded views. When you respond to an
unrelated email instead of starting a new e-mail, it destroys the
organization of the thread. For example, your e-mail "installing
Rockbox w/ ITunes" is now part of a thread titled "Getting Wiki write
permissions."

You have been part of this list for quite some time, so I am certain
that you have previously read about this basic courtesy.

And no, you do not need to have iTunes to install Rockbox. Simply
follow the instructions in the manual or on this wiki page:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodInstallationBeta

If you have further questions, please ask them by replying to your
earlier e-mail in the thread that you started entitled "Blind IPod user
needs help w/ installation," and NOT in this thread.