Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Blind User has iPod Questions
Blind User has iPod Questions
From: Sarai D. Bucciarelli <bucc7465_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 10:22:32 -0600
Hey guys, for some reason this didn't come through, so I'm
sending it again. I'd appreciate the help.
I've spent the entire afternoon reading the manual, and I have
several questions. Chapters 3-4 were confusing. First of all,
before I ask, I must thank Michael, Scott, Bryan, and everyone
who has helped me with this.
Okay, here are my questions-
1. To turn on and off the player, do I hold menu and select at
the same time, or when the light goes away, is it off? To turn it
off, do I just let it stop, or hit select and play at the same
2. How do I read the battery and volume status? Is the battery
3. Setting the time, how do I set am or pm? Also, how do I read
4. The contacts, calendar, and notes, are they accessible? Are
they menus, or items on the hard drive?
5. Are any of the games accessible with the speech?
6. The manual talks about the WPS, and hitting the long play to
access the choices, is this accessible?
7. Setting either brows by file or database. I'm confused. If
I choose DB and don't like it, can I go back to file browsing?
How is the DB and file browsing different? If I choose DB, can I
still set up my folders and files like maybe have an instrumental
folder, Then a Jim Brickman folder under that, then the albums
under that? Is DB even accessible with speech? If I delete info
from the DB, does it mean the files will be removed too? If I add
info to the player, do I just have to hit update DB, and it will
8. I don't want my music to be put in to a play list, but
according to the manual, I don't have a choice. Can someone
explain? If you delete music from a play list, or delete a play
list, do the files disappear from the folders? Are all playlist
creation options accessible?
9. If I hook up the player to the AC adapter, or to the USB port
is it automatically charging?
10. I was given an FM transmitter for the car, and a nother
adapter, will this work with RB? The FM will charge the player
and play contents via the car speakers.
11. Will all of the Ipod accessories such as the Boes speakers
work with an Ipod that runs RB?
12. How can you read the info about the song that is playing
Thanks for the help.
Sarai D. Bucciarelli
Received on 2006-12-31