Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: HELP, Blind user needs help!
Re: HELP, Blind user needs help!
From: James Dean <professordean_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:24:35 -0600
Do the following:
1. Open "Control Panel."
2. navigate to "Administrative Tools."
3. Navigate to "Computer Management."
4. When "Computer Management" opens, go down until you see "Storage."
5. arrow down, probably twice, until you find "Disc Management."
6. Once you land on "Disc Management," you should be dropped into a listbox
that has a list of all the drives as well as the letters they are assigned
to. If not, Tab until you do reach this listbox.
7. Arrow down to your Ipod and press the alt Key and right arrow to
8. Down arrow until you reach "All tasks Sub menu."
9. Right arrow to open the menu and then arrow down until you find "Change
drive letter and paths..."
10. Hit enter and then tab until you find "Change... Button."
11. press space, then tab until you find a listbox that contains the letters
of the alphabet. Arrow down until you find one that you know is not being
used by your system and tab to the "OK button."
12. A warning will come up letting you know that changing a drive letter
could make some programs not run. Just tell it that yes you do want to
change it, and you will be taken back to that listbox where all your drives
are and your IPod should now sho the letter you just assigned to it, and it
should come right up.
James in TN
Remember when depression strikes, that life will get better, eventually!
MSN/Windows Messenger: jamesdean504_at_hotmail.com Skype: Semaj Yahoo ID/Ham
Radio Callsign: KG4RDF AIM: tootiki
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael DiFebbo" <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:56 AM
Subject: Re: HELP, Blind user needs help!
> Michael wrote:
>> Assuming that you are using Windows XP, Open "Computer Management," and
>> then navigate to "Disk Management." From there, you can ensure that your
>> iPod is being assigned a drive letter that is not already used by another
> Sarai replied:
>> Its being assigned E, but E is used by one of the slots of my USB
>> external card reader. Even though I unplugged it, its still not coming
>> up. Under USB devices under device manager, it says something like USB
>> storage device. Under properties, it says Ipod 0.
> Again, use "Disk Management" to assign another drive letter to the iPod.
Received on 2007-01-03