Subject: Iriver 340 will not talk

Iriver 340 will not talk

From: Sandra Pilz <sandra914481_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:13:11 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have an Iriver 340, which refuses to talk when restarted.
I have the lng- and voice files for both german and English copied
into the lang directory of the player. In order to get the player to
talk again after starting it, I always have to go to the language menu
and set the language to the one not used in the previous session. So
if I had the player set to german, when I used it the last time, I
have to go to the language menu setting it to english. When it has
loaded the new language file, it will speak.

Does this mean that for some reason rockbox does only load the voice
file, when it also loads a new language file? Why won't it just use
the voice file when I just start it? I find it is quite troublesome
having to change languages all the time just to get rockbox speaking
again.
Does anyone know this problem, and can recommend something I might try
to resolve this?

Many thanks for your help

Sandra.