Subject: Re: what's the best player?

Re: what's the best player?

From: Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:40:21 +0100

Hello,

yes, the size is important (both of device and hard disk).

The first thing to decide is, whether it should be a (small)
flash player or a (larger) hard disk player (I have both
because 1 or 2 GB flash players are realy cheap meanwhile).

If you want a hard disk player there are several sizes of
hard disks (2,5", 1,8" or 1"). The smaller the hard disk
the smaller (thinner) the whole device but it also becomes
more expensive (per GB) and the largest disk size will be
smaller too.

My old Archos player is quite thick but because of the
standard 2,5" hard disk it was easy to extend to 120 GB.
If I want an pocket player I use my flash player instead
of the Archos.

Future extension of hard disk also requires that you can
easily open the device (which seems not so easy for some).

And I am glad that the old Archos player use a standard
battery instead of a proprietary one. It can be easily and
cost efficiently replaced even in many years (although it
increases the size of the device).

Jürgen Hestermann.