Subject: RE: Recording Issues

RE: Recording Issues

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:52:21 -0600

Brandon,

The last daily build in which there were no recording issues is from
November 19, 2006. After talking to a few people, the bug has something to
do with the type of voice file in use. I have experimented by changing
various parameters in my voice files, E.G. sample rate, vbr type (if any),
etc, but so far I haven't found a suitable combination. If you go to the
voice building wikki, you will see some IBM TTS voices created by
ArnaudDeBonald. Word through the grapevine is that for whatever reason,
these voices work, whereas the ones made with the new MakeVoices script
cause the recording screen to crash. Hopefully one of the RB devs can
explain why the crash occurs and have a remedy.

My best,
Steve