Subject: Re: Blind person interested in getting an Ipod with Rockbox

Re: Blind person interested in getting an Ipod with Rockbox

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:39:43 -1000

Hi,

One thing to consider when buying a player is the formats it
supports. I listen to a lot of books from Audible, so I prefer iPods
over iAudio. You have to listen to the Audible books with the Apple
firmware, not Rockbox, but at least it's possible to listen to
them. If you have any other protected content you want to listen to,
be sure the player you buy can play them. Again, you won't be able
to play protected files with Rockbox, but you can switch to the
original firmware to play them if desired.

Cheers,
Anna