Subject: Re: OK, one more iAudio question

Re: OK, one more iAudio question

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 15:21:36 -0300

> OK, one more question, and I'm done for a while.
> How do I play a non-MP3 file on the X5? ? For example, I transferred some .WMA files, and I can't play them. Nothing happens when I select the files. Shouldn't they automatically play? Will I have to go through the file menu and try to open them that way?
>
> Erin

Rockbox does not support wma files at the present time. If you want to
play these, you should use the stock standard firmware of your player,
provided it supports them.

afaik, there are no existing plans to support wma unless someone steps
forward to do the necessary work. And DRMed wma (the protected wma that
ARIA loves, among others) will probably never be supported.