Subject: Re: editing configuration files

Re: editing configuration files

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:15:44 +0100

On 1/5/07, Maslo Michael E <Michael.E.Maslo_at_irs.gov> wrote:
> If I want to edit the config file how do I go about doing that???

The configuration of Rockbox isn't stored in a file but in a special
sector on disk. When you export your configuration you can use any
name you like, and similarly just load (simply "play") any
configuration file to apply the settings in that file. As the loaded
settings will become the new settings of Rockbox (except for the
values that are not stated in the configuration file) they will be
saved on power down. Which also means that when changing the
configuration file again you again need to load it for the changed
settings to get applied.
The manual has some information about this.

In your case, a configuration file with the following lines:
lang: /.rockbox/langs/english.lng
talk menu: on

will reset the language to english and enable spoken menus. If you
have all needed files installed Rockbox should speak then (give it
some seconds to load the voice file ;-)

 - Dominik