Subject: Re: Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Machines Updated

Re: Rockbox 2.5.1 for Archos Machines Updated

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 01:16:14 -0600

The code is not being rejected in any way. The ONLY thing that is being said
is that the unsupported build should not be hosted on the Wiki if it is
going to act like the regular unsupported builds.

Seriously, please read what I'm saying. Any patches posted to the tracker
will be considered like normal. The ONLY issue here is that because he has
started updating the build, it now falls under the same conditions as any
other unsupported build: IE it needs offsite hosting and should be listed as
a forum thread only, and not a wiki entry.

This is not a statement as to the fitness of any aspect of the build itself.
It's a statement saying "You have changed the situation and should now be
subject to the exact same rules 20 other builds have been subject to for
some time."

Rasher has offered webspace. If his is unnacceptable for some reason, I'm
certain there are others who might be able to help, as well, there are many
free sources of minimal web hosting, which is all this should need.

The problem is not with the build itself in any way.

The issue is that it was receiving special treatment. While this wasn't a
problem when it was simple a small bugfix to 2.5, by adding features it
moves into an entirely different category.