Subject: RE: more... recording on the iAudio x5

RE: more... recording on the iAudio x5

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 13:35:29 -0600

Erin,

This is a known RB issue which presently affects all the coldfire processor
targets including the I-audio X5, Iriver H1xx, and Iriver H3xx devices. From
the research I have done, the problem is tied in with the UDMA additions
made on November 19 and the properties of the voice file you are using. So
far as recording is concerned, I don't know what benefits UDMA adds, though
I'm sure it helps in some way. I have asked for assistance on this list to
help find out what specifically needs to be changed in the voice files to
allow RB to record properly, but so far, I have only been told that certain
people have voice files which don't cause the recorders to hang. What we
need, though, are the specific settings used to generate the voice files in
the first place, not yet another one-stop shop for voices. That has, and
always should be, the voice building wikki at Rockbox.org.

Until this issue is truly resolved, I suggest you stick with the November
18, 2006 daily build of Rockbox for your I-Audio. This recommendation holds
true for anybody with a coldfire-based device.

All my best,

Steve

  _____